Monday, December 04, 2006

Masterful Film making...


Guillermo Del Toro, he of Hellboy and Blade 2 fame has delivered his masterpiece of film making in the guise of Pan's Labyrinth. Such a magical, violent, dark and eerie film that will have most adults shuddering, saddened and cringing. 'Its a fairy tale for adults' as one reviewer put it. The story is an intertwining of events during the Spanish revolution and of a girls adventure into the realms of fantasy. I cannot say much more than that as I would suggest any persons who wants to earn some cred to go and see the film. The only bother I had was that it isn't on general release in the UK so you'll have to go and find an Art House cinema, the ones that intellectual people go to. The one I went to was the Ritzy Cinema in Brixton, London. Its quite a nice cinema too, it has an almost art deco feel about it as you step into the main foyer. See this film and you won't regret it. I promise.

No comments: