Sunday, November 19, 2006

What is wrong with the World?

I think I must be having a moment like that chap from "Day of the Triffids" or to put a more modern perspective on it, "28 Days Later". Did I wake up one morning and did the world change around me over night? (perhaps the film "Dark City"). The lady mentioned in the last blog has gone a little too over the top for me. I have to be careful what I say though as it might be that she's just excited about things. My friend Pickle has gone from being a Stepford wife to being on the verge of single and was certainly starting to show it on Friday night. Yesterday morning, I caught the flu (or very bad cold) and that just put me in a foul mood. My sister is coming to visit next weekend. Which is a nice thing but I can't even remember the last time I saw her. Unusually I stayed up until after one in the morning despite my illness watching a blood and guts film and to top it off, some tosser of a young man who I thought just outside the flat with his mate turned out to be someone talking very, very loudly to his mate who was talking to him on his mobile phone!!! At 1.30 in the morning!! To top things off, yes, I have a cold/flu just as I start two weeks of annual leave! What an absolute bummer! I thought with all this bizarreness going on I'd check out the BBC news website to see if something dramatic had happened during my sleeping hours and nope. Not a sausage.

One word of advice. If you are not religious, and not tolerant of bell ringing first thing on a Sunday morning then don't buy a house next to a church. Oh the bells! the bells!

So anything positive to say about anything. I'm attempting another feat of endurance. No smoking or drinking for the next two weeks. This is not a consequence of being ill. This is more a test of character. Wish me luck.

No comments: