Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Paternal Urges

It must be my paternal instincts that are kicking in...again. As you know I have two adorable cats (I told you so) and that they provide much entertainment as much as they do company, but I seem to find myself talking to them as if they were my kids. Strange as that I don't have any human kids myself. I found myself ticking off my little girl (cat) as she stalked a sleeping Jinx. Parenthood is beconing (did I spell that correctly?)......

I wonder when that urge to start a family kicks in. Chavvy families start at about thirteen (ouch!) and further up the so called social/class ladder don't start until about forty'ish. Actually I think that is incorrect.

There are three possible acceptable points of starting a family depending on where you are on the class ladder. As I said, Chavvy types would probably start as soon as possible, cousin or otherwise. Middle class would probably be mid to late thirties or early forties. However, your common or garden upper class would be your early to mid twenties, cousin or otherwise. Argue....

Blimey! Have I identified some commonality amongst us...probably not.

Oh and for all of those that have taken offence, clearly you need to appreciate the alternative humorous standpoint in this particular entry...

No comments: